Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss



Today is Dr. Seuss’ birthday. We love Dr. Seuss, so we spent most of the school day yesterday doing Dr. Seuss activities. Today, we finished one of those up and spent some time reading silly Dr. Seuss stories together.

This simple, but fun time together reminded me that this is what family is all about. Curling up on the couch reading a book or wearing a silly Cat in the Hat mask and laughing about silly things. Just simple fun!

I’m sorry to say I didn’t make green eggs and ham for breakfast – I meant to, but I had an early morning errand to run and the kids had already eaten by the time I got back.

Here are some pictures of the fun things we’ve done to celebrate Dr. Seuss the past couple days. 

Robert painting the Cat's Hat

Zoe painting the Cat's Hat

Andrew painting the Cat's Hat

Everybody's doing a great job on those stripes! 

Zoe making an "at hat" 

Robert wrote "-at" words on his hat

Andrew cutting out his "-at" hat. 
Our finished "-at" hats
I love to see the kids' work hanging up in the window. It makes my heart happy. 

Robert's "Grinch" face. 

Andrew's "Grinch" face

We made Dr. Seuss Cootie Catchers! Throwback to the 80's and 90's kids! 


She thinks the cootie catcher is the most fun toy EVER! 

We made some fun Cat in the Hat masks! 

The 3 cutest Cat in the Hats I've ever seen! 




I bought us 3 new Dr. Seuss Books (Kohl's has these for $5 right now in their
Kohl's Cares for Kids section)

Zoe loves our new Cat in the Hat stuffed animal.
(also a Kohl's Cares for Kids item for $5)

And we've been reading a LOT of funny stories together! 


That naughty Cat in the Hat! 

These are the moments that mean the most to me! 

This big 'ol stack of books is sitting on our living-room table and we're having fun
pulling them out and reading them together!
Hope you're having a great weekend with your family! The boys and I are headed out to see a production of Tarzan by a local christian school and Zoe's on a daddy date! Take some time to read some Seuss this weekend in celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday. 

~ Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment