We spent days talking and emailing with Renee, Viktors' host mom, emailing with New Horizons for Children, along with Adoption Related Services (an agency that places children from Latvia) and talk of Viktors has become a staple conversation in our house.
Michael and I have spent days talking about Viktors, his Christmas host family, the possibility of hosting this summer, and what role we might have in his life. We've spent a lot of time praying for clarity as wisdom from our Heavenly Father and letting Him lead us where He wills.
The more and more we learned about Viktors, the more and more we fell in love with him and we feel an undeniable bond to him. In a way that only God can, He intertwined our hearts with a host family in North Carolina. For such a time as this, God collided the worlds of 2 families - both who love Viktors deeply!
WE HAVE DECIDED TO HOST VIKTORS THIS SUMMER!
There is so much confirmation, so much peace, so much clarity, and so much excitement! After talking with Renee, Viktors host mom, we've learned so much about Viktors - and we are confident that he will be the perfect fit into our family. We're already anxious about July!!!!
We've already contacted an adoption agency that places children from Latvia to inquire about Viktors' adoptability. There are some complicated factors in play here that will need to be muddled through to figure out if he can/will/wants to be in America permanently. There are some things that will need to be figured out, but we know a few things:
1. God loves Viktors more than we ever could.
2. God does not want children to grow up without the love of a family - He sets the lonely in families!
3. God used a precious family in North Carolina to be tangible, lavish, crazy love to Viktors this Christmas.
4. God used that same family to be Viktors' voice when he didn't have one.
5. God brought us to this place for such a time as this.
6. God is in control. He's got this. All the details, He knows every one of them.
7. God has opened the door for us to host Viktors this summer and we count ourselves blessed!
So, basically we are hosting Viktors for 5 weeks this summer with intentions to adopt him! Yes, he will have to go back to Latvia at the end of the 5 weeks, but hopefully it won't be for long! :) We're just going to relinquish our control to God and just trust Him to work all those details out and for Him to direct our paths!
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6