Friday, February 8, 2013

Best Question E-V-E-R!

"Is your husband silly and goofy?"

You cannot possibly understand how hysterical this question is to me. Well, maybe a few of these pictures can help you understand why I literally laughed out loud when I read the question that Viktors' Christmas host mom asked me: 

yeah, that's a moose hat! 

only REALLY confident men wear a Princess crown, bracelets, and necklaces. 

This guy LOVES a good Party Hat! 

 He's the daddy IN the pool with the kids during the Summer Dive-In Movies

 He's always willing to volunteer in Kid City at Church - even if they make him wear a skirt! 

 He actually has FUN at Chuck-E-Cheese

 He does stuff like THIS in photos. 

He loves a good slide! 

He also does this thing with pretzels where he sticks 2 pretzel sticks in his mouth and pretends to be a walrus. I can't believe I don't have a picture of that! This man brings SO much joy to my life. He is constant FUN! He doesn't do serious very well, but that's part of the reason I love him so much. He's a great husband and dad. He has so much fun with me and the kids. This guy is a FUN guy! I am so blessed to get to do life with him! 

So, WHY would Viktors' host mom ask me that? What does FUN and GOOFY have anything to do with Viktors? It was just one of the confirmations that Viktors is to be with our family! Viktors is a fun, silly, and goofy kid! Laughter and fun can be such a source of healing for children from hard places. Just to laugh and play and run around and romp with a kid that hasn't had a lot of that in his life can help restore what he's been missing for a long time! It was just one of the many little things that confirmed that Viktors belongs with the Sloan family! 

Make no mistake, Michael Sloan is a hard worker, kind, compassionate, patient, loving and - well, just a GREAT husband and father. He provides well for our family; he spends time with me; he PLAYS with the kids; he snuggles the kids and reads to them; he leads us well; he prays with and for our family; he pops popcorn and is content to sit and watch a movie on the couch with our family at night. He is EXACTLY the man that God chose for me to do life with and I count myself blessed. 

Is he silly and goofy? Um, YES! 

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22


Can you help us bring Viktors home, by contributing to his $3,000 hosting fees? You can give via paypal (top right corner of our blog) or by clicking the link HERE - and give straight to New Horizon's for Viktor's fees specifically? Thank you! 

~Paula 



No comments:

Post a Comment