Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Created for Care Retreat


I just registered for the Created for Care March retreat! I am so excited and so blessed to get to go to this amazing retreat. I know it will be a great time of encouragement, rest, relaxation, learning and so much more. To be with other adoptive mamas who "get it". Mamas whose hearts are for the orphan, mamas who know what it's like to field questions - both appropriate and inappropriate - about our family on a daily basis, mamas who struggle with parenting an adopted child: answering questions, being intentional with attachment, etc. I can't tell you how much just registering for this event has given rest to my soul. It tells me there are other mamas in the same place I am; some have walked this path before me; some who are walking along beside me. It gives me hope that this can be done and done for the Father's Glory!

Jesus loves these kiddos too much to leave them as orphans - to be with 1,000 other mamas who love these precious babies and have heard (and obeyed) His call to defend them is so encouraging to me.

I can't wait to be on beautiful Lake Lanier in Georgia in March. The best part is that I know like 30 adoptive mamas who are attending! It will be amazing to connect with moms I've only known online for the last couple of years. Many of us have Korean-adoptive kiddos and to be able to hug their necks and spend 3 days with them - all while hearing from amazing speakers - is going to totally rock!

I know Satan tried to keep me from going to this retreat. There were obstacles in our way, but God who is able to do even more than we can imagine - HE made a way.

To learn more about Created for Care, go to http://createdforcare.org/

~Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment