Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Just another day in the life...

We signed Robert up for basketball. We never heard from our coach about practice or anything, so I called Hope to check in that we had actually made it on a roster. They said yes, and that they were sorry we hadn't heard from our coach, but our practice was that night (Monday night) at 6:30. We show up around 6:15 and another team was still practicing. We wait for them to finish and the gym clears out. We are the only ones there. We found the Director of the Recreation Department and he apologized and said there was some confusion. Oh, well! We stayed for about 30 minutes and shot some hoops as a family.

We came home and I finished up dinner. Here's the backstory, I had made enough cheese dip (Velveeta and Rotel) to feed our entire small group (like 6 families). As we were walking out the door Sunday night, we got a text that group was cancelled. I was sitting on about $30 worth of cheese dip and chips and nobody to feed it to. I took some over to the neighbors, but we still had a ton of it! So, I get the idea to make some spaghetti noodles on Monday night and cook some chicken and make "Chicken Rotel" or "Chicken Spaghetti". Whatever you want to call it. My kids love cheese dip, they love spaghetti, they love chicken. Nothing weird, right? Well, I guess I was wrong.

Andrew proceeds to CRY at the dinner table because it is "SO GROSS" and lay himself out across the table. As I proceed to ignore him and eat my dinner, he continues. We told him that this was dinner and if he chose not to eat it, that was fine, but this was it until breakfast. The rest of us finish our meal and we each chose a piece of leftover Halloween candy. Andrew (of course) wanted candy and we told him "no candy unless you eat your dinner". So he did what only Andrew does when he doesn't want to eat... he made himself throw up right there at the table. He can seriously do this on cue. I'm used to it by now and don't give him the attention he wants.... we just instructed him to clean it up. ugh. I know it wasn't steak and lobster (or pizza), but seriously, this was not a bad meal. Whatever.

So to top the night off, Robert and Andrew were sent upstairs to shower where Robert finished first (Andrew is last to finish EVERYTHING!) and he thought it would be a good idea to turn the light off on him, lock the door and close it. Andrew is FREAKING OUT in there and screaming and I could hear Robert say "I can't turn the light on Andrew, the door is locked". OY! It was dark in there. There aren't any windows. It really doesn't help that Robert tried to hide it from us because he knew he would get in trouble.

What a night. Is it any wonder I'm mostly gray without the help of hair color? I'm just thankful that most nights aren't quite this eventful! I was asleep by 9:30PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment